Who We Are

Our intention is to inform people of racist, homophobic, religious extreme hate speech perpetrators across social networking internet sites. And we also aim to be a focal point for people to access information and resources to report such perpetrators to appropriate web sites, governmental departments and law enforcement agencies around the world.

We will also post relevant news worthy items and information on Human rights issues, racism, extremist individuals and groups and far right political parties from around the world although predominantly Britain.

Friday, 15 July 2011

Feds: 'Nazi Jihadist' Solicited Extremists To Attack Daycare Centers (USA)

Federal prosecutors have charged Emerson Begolly, the Nazi uniform wearing Pennsylvania man being held for allegedly biting an FBI agent who tried to question him about his activity on jihadist websites, with inciting violent attacks in the United States.

An indictment announced on Thursday by the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia charges that Begolly used an extremist web forum to solicited others to engage in acts of terrorism and disseminated instructions for making different kinds of explosives that could be used in terrorist attacks.

Begolly allegedly suggested attacks on "civilian planes, financial institutions, military installations, Jewish schools, and daycare centers," according to the indictment.

While transcripts of some of Begolly's alleged writings had been filed in federal court in Pennsylvania when prosecutors were convincing a judge not to release him on bail, the new indictment marked the first time he was charged directly with a terrorism-related charge.

According to the writings, Begolly blamed a pedophile minister on his hatred of America and joked that someone at the FBI must have been "drunk" when he was allowed to buy an AK-47.

The new indictment quotes a post allegedly written by Begolly in which he brags about how easy it was for him to get a weapon even though he was on the terrorist watch list.

"Dear brothers and sisters, I have solid PROOF that one can legally purchase a firearm in America even if this person IS on the 'terror watch' list, just so long as they are not a convicted felon and are a US citizen over 18!" he allegedly wrote on Nov. 24, 2010. "My advice: As long as you still can, take advantage of this and MOVE... MOVE... MOVE...!!"

Begolly was first arrested in a Burger King parking lot after he allegedly reached for a gun in his pocket and bit two FBI agents questioning him about his online habits.

His lawyers and members of his family have said he has Asperger's syndrome, a disorder in the autism spectrum characterized by difficulties with social interaction. Begolly's mother told FBI agents he had been off his medication for two years, according to an FBI agent's testimony earlier this year.


Ex-prisoner asks taxpayers to fund 'skinhead' tattoo removal (New Zeland)

An ex-prisoner with the tattoo “skinhead” inked across his forehead is appealing for taxpayer money to get it removed, saying he wants to begin a new life.

Carl Nathaniel Drewett, 28, who first adopted white supremacist beliefs at age 13, says he cannot afford the $2500 removal treatment but will contribute what he can.

Drewett got the tattoo, which takes up most of his forehead, while in prison five years ago. He now regrets his decision.

“I didn’t really take into consideration how the community was going to look at me when I got out. That was irrelevant, that wasn’t my life, prison was my life,” he told the New Zealand Herald.

Drewett has an extensive criminal record and was convicted last Friday at Rangiora District Court on a charge of intentionally injuring a man and two charges of drunk driving causing injury.

He will serve one year on home detention and has been disqualified from driving for a year and a day.

He says he no longer identifies with white supremacy and plans to study business while on home detention.

“Once this tattoo is off, many doors will open. I won’t be judged as some dodgy loser criminal. In terms of employment it would help a lot,” he told the NZ Herald.

3 News

Russian Neo-Nazi Firebomb Synagogue(Russia)

Neo-Nazis firebombed a synagogue near Moscow Tuesday less than 24 hours after members of the banned group were sentenced to jail. No one was hurt in the midnight firebombing of the Darchei Shalom synagogue, whose walls sustained damage. Police believe the attack was an anti-Semitic response to the sentencing of members of the banned neo-Nazi National-Socialist Society, the European Jewish Press reported. A Russian court sentenced members to prison terms of up to 10 years for 27 hate killings, attempted murders and a plot to blow up a electricity power plant. The defendants entered the court while yelling out anti-Semitic and neo-Nazi chants. Russia’s chief rabbi Adolf Shaevich responded to the attack, “We have a paradox now. There are many more believers in the country than before, but the spiritual and moral climate has not improved in any way. It is very sad when young people do such things.

There could have been people inside, there might have been victims.” Two teenagers are suspected of having attacked the synagogue. The Federation of Russia’s Jewish Communities called on law enforcement bodies to view the incident not simply as hooliganism but as an attempt to ignite inter-ethnic hatred. “Such incidents make it clear that crimes committed on national or religious grounds are propaganda in action.

We are concerned by the fact that the Moscow authorities qualify such acts as hooliganism,” claims the organization’s statement as quoted by RIA Novosti. “In any case, it is an act looking to provoke religious hatred. The aim of such acts is to intimidate people, to weaken the eagerness of society to fight nationalism and extremism.”

Israel national news

EDL and Asians brawled on Blackburn football pitches (UK)

Police were drafted in after an English Defence League football match was organised on a pitch normally used by Asian youths.

Blackburn magistrates heard shortly after the EDL game, involving 20 to 25 white males, started, about 30 Asian males arrived at the concrete pitches in Queens Park.

The two groups were playing on adjoining pitches but tempers flared and words were exchanged when the ball from the Asian game went over to the other side.

Nicholas John Smyth, 26, of Sherwood Road, Blackburn, pleaded guilty to using racially-aggravated threatening behaviour.

He was given a conditional discharge for 12 months and ordered to pay £85 costs.

Joanne Close, prosecuting, said during the football matches there was an altercation between Smyth and one of the Asian men.

When the EDL game finished, they congregated near the fence separating the two pitches and Smyth started shouting at the Asian male to “come and sort it out”.

Jonathan Taylor, defending, said Smyth had gone to play football with a few friends.

He realised there were members of the EDL there, although he was not a member of the organisation.

Mr Taylor said when the Asian males arrived they tried to take over both pitches, which led to tension.

“It seems that normally this area is exclusively used by Asians,” said Mr Taylor.

“Words were exchanged when the Asian males tried to get on the pitch where the white males were playing.

“My client heard racist comments coming from the Asian males and he accepts that he responded.

“He says he can’t understand why the police officers seemed unable to hear the comments coming from the other side.”

Blackburn citizen

Police Increase Presence in Portsmouth as the English Defence League Plans Demonstration (UK)

Police from across the two counties will be in Portsmouth this weekend to help facilitate peaceful protest by members of the English Defence League. 

Officers will be on duty in the city centre on the morning of the event on the 16th July to minimise disruption to the community and shoppers. 

Superintendent Rick Burrows said: "Those still coming into Portsmouth should be aware that there will be more police around than usual to ensure peace is kept throughout the day, and whilst there will be traffic congestion, we will work to minimise the impact on your day. 

"Edinburgh Road will be closed from 10am until about 3pm and the main traffic congestion will occur around this area, the Guildhall Square and Gunwharf Quays area between 12.30pm and 2.30pm. 

"It is also worth bearing in mind that Portsmouth are playing Chelsea at home from 3pm and this will increase the chances of traffic congestion around the routes to Fratton Park. 

"We are continuing to engage with all parties involved in this protest event, and we have planned extensively to have the appropriate resources on duty throughout the day to ensure that any protest does not have an adverse impact on local communities. 

"Our message to those planning on coming to Portsmouth to protest is that you will be welcomed; we will facilitate your lawful protest, but we have to bear in mind the interest and needs of the wider community and, in doing so, we may ask you to abide by certain conditions.

"We expect all people taking part in the protest to do so peacefully and legitimately, but anyone intent on coming to engage in a confrontation or disorder will be robustly dealt with.    "We will be looking to protesters to self-police, and to work with us to ensure this protest is peaceful.

"We are grateful to Portsmouth City Council for its continued support and involvement, and look forward to a safe event that leaves no negative legacy for the communities of Portsmouth." 

Any member of the local community with concerns or intelligence about this event is invited to contact Inspector Greg Moore by dialling 101, or via e-mail at: Gregory.moore@hampshire.pnn.police.uk 

The very latest information for media and the public will be available via the constabulary's Twitter account, follow @HantsPolice, and on the force website special events page:   http://www.hampshire.police.uk/Internet/news/EDL_Demonstration.htm


Teachers must 'uphold British values' to work in schools (UK)

Teachers face being barred from the classroom for failing to uphold “British values” and proper discipline under rigorous new professional standards for schools.

For the first time, staff are told they could be struck off for showing intolerance towards pupils with other faiths and beliefs.

Teachers in England are warned against staging lessons that undermine “fundamental” values such as the rule of law, democracy and individual liberty.

The move is designed to make it easier for heads to sack teachers who are members of the British National Party or those with extremist Islamic beliefs.

It follows comments from Michael Gove, the Education Secretary, that membership of far-right groups was incompatible with the duty to “shape young minds”.

Under new guidelines, staff will also be told to take responsibility for promoting “good and courteous behaviour” among children in lessons and around the school.

In a further move, the standards – being introduced in 2012 – place a renewed emphasis on teachers’ subject knowledge, suggesting staff should uphold high standards of “literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English” at all times.

It represents an attempt to establish clear boundaries for staff in all state schools and weed out poor teachers failing to achieve basic skill-levels.

The slimmed-down rules focus on just eight key areas of teaching – and one section focusing on personal and professional conduct – as opposed to more than 100 separate standards introduced by Labour.

Mr Gove insisted the previous system placed a premium on “bland statements and platitudes”, covering areas such as communicating with colleagues, promoting wellbeing and establishing a safe learning environment.

The new standards will have “real teeth”, he said, adding: “They set clear expectations about the skills that every teacher in our schools should demonstrate. They will make a significant improvement to teaching by ensuring teachers can focus on the skills that matter most.”

Just 1.5 per cent of student teachers fail to satisfy the current standards during training and fewer than 20 teachers have been struck off in the last decade for incompetence.

New standards – covering just four pages – set out the key skills that each trainee must satisfy to win qualified teacher status and then remain in the classroom.

As part of the new guidelines, staff must set high expectations of pupils, demonstrate good subject knowledge, plan and teach well-structured lessons, promote good progress among pupils, adapt their teaching to children’s different needs, make good use of assessment, manage behaviour and fulfil their wider responsibilities to school life.

Under behaviour, teachers are told to establish “clear rules and routines” and promote “good and courteous” manners among pupils. The section on subject knowledge says staff must have decent standards of written English – whatever the teacher’s subject specialism.

Beyond teaching, the guidance says staff "must not undermine fundamental British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs".

It comes after a teacher and BNP member was cleared of religious intolerance last year by the General Teaching Council - the profession's regulatory body - despite using a school laptop to describe some immigrants as "filth" on a website.

The National Association of Head Teachers welcomed the document, saying the standards were “clear, concise and relevant”.

But Chris Keates, general secretary of the NASUWT teachers’ union, said the rules underline “the punitive mind set this Coalition has towards teachers”.

“The new standards are vague, poorly drafted, lack clarity, are open to wide interpretation, will breed confusion and uncertainty and will simply serve as a stick with which to beat teachers,” she said.


BNP urges nationalist 'fight' on Twitter (UK)

The British National Party has encouraged its members to use social media outlets like Twitter to promote its messages, leading to concern from anti-extremist campaigners.

In a newsletter entitled Adam's Operation Fightback, the BNP said supporters should not be afraid to use hashtags like #nationalist and #BNP when talking about news issues, and that they should "jump on trending topics and turn them into a nationalist discussion".

The party urged followers to get their friends "involved in the fight for our people" by sharing links to articles and campaigns, and asking others to "take action and retweet".

The newsletter said Twitter could be used every day to keep people "updated on the latest campaign to win our country back".

And on Facebook it recommended that members should post a pro-nationalist quote to inspire friends to take action.

Reacting, a spokesman for anti-extremist campaign group Searchlight told Publicservice.co.uk that the BNP and extremist groups had used social media for sometime, something which did raise concerns.

But he added that social media was a valuable intelligence tool for monitoring political extremism, and that comments on sites like Twitter could "help to highlight the true face of the BNP".

Public Service UK