Who We Are

Our intention is to inform people of racist, homophobic, religious extreme hate speech perpetrators across social networking internet sites. And we also aim to be a focal point for people to access information and resources to report such perpetrators to appropriate web sites, governmental departments and law enforcement agencies around the world.

We will also post relevant news worthy items and information on Human rights issues, racism, extremist individuals and groups and far right political parties from around the world although predominantly Britain.

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Czech court gives Slovak neo-Nazi six month suspended sentence for hate speech (Czech Rep)

Today the Teplice District Court handed down a criminal injunction against a 62-year-old man from Slovakia for a speech he gave on Saturday in Krupka during a rally for the Workers' Social Justice Party (Dělnická strana sociální spravedlnosti - DSSS). The court said his speech incited hatred against members of a particular ethnicity. News server Novinky.cz reports that the man left the court with a six month sentence suspended for two years and promised to leave the Czech Republic as quickly as possible.

Presiding judge Roman Dobeš told the Czech Press Agency that the court also confiscated some of the man's property - a t-shirt, a baseball cap, and a badge, all of which displayed banned Nazi symbols. The man also has the eagle of the Third Reich tattooed on his body. However, Dobeš said the court could not punish the man for wearing the symbols, as he had kept them covered up during the rally.

Promoters of the extreme right demonstrated in the streets of Krupka (population 15 000) on Saturday. By marching, they allegedly wanted to draw attention to an incident that took place there not quite one year ago, when two young Roma men brutally beat and raped a 12-year-old [non-Roma] boy. The first-instance court sent one of the assailants to prison for 10 years, but an appeals court reduced the sentence by half. Both courts found the attack was racially motivated. The second assailant could not be criminally prosecuted as he was not yet 15 years old when he committed the crime.

At the entrance to the Maršov housing estate, where a large number of Roma people live in Krupka, the DSSS march was blocked by a group of more than 200 Roma people and chaplains leading prayers who refused to obey police orders to disperse. After several dozen minutes of tense waiting, police units dispersed the worshipers using stun grenades and truncheons. There were 700 officers deployed for the entire event.

According to Miroslav Brož, spokesperson for the "We Don't Want Neo-Nazis in Ústí!" Initiative, which organized the counter-demonstration, organizers are now preparing to take several legal steps against the police, including a constitutional complaint and filing suit in administrative court. Brož believes that in a democratic state it is not possible for police to disperse people who are praying together. Joel Ruml, chair of the Ecumenical Council of Churches, has also condemned the police intervention.


Neo-Nazi ringleader nabbed in Vienna

An infamous fascist has been put in custody as investigations against a disputed website continue.

Gottfried Küssel was arrested yesterday evening (Mon), prosecutors confirmed this morning. The outspoken neo-Nazi is accused of cooperating with the people behind "Alpe-Donau", a controversial discussion platform of neo-Nazis on the internet. The site was taken offline last month after state prosecutors in Vienna asked their counterparts in the United States for support.

Austrian officials were forced to watch on as anonymous neo-Nazis posted hate messages against foreigners in German on the homepage. "Alpe-Donau" also made headlines for revealing the home addresses and private phone numbers of several journalists and left-wing politicians.

US officials vowed to cooperate with Austria in the matter. Viennese prosecutors failed to find a way to take action against "Alpe-Donau" for months after it became clear that the platform is managed via a server located in the USA.

Küssel’s arrest comes around half a year after investigators confiscated data storage devices and documents at dozens of apartments and offices in Vienna. Around a dozen of users of "Alpe-Donau" – which promoted events held by Küssel in cooperation with Czech neo-Nazis – were identified in the meantime.

Officials said today that, apart from Küssel, another suspect was put in custody. They added that various objects depicting Nazi era logos and slogans – which are banned under Austrian law – were seized as six flats were searched yesterday evening.

Investigators think that some of the suspects may also have links with the Freedom Party (FPÖ), the third-strongest political force in the federal parliament, according to reports from today. FPÖ boss Heinz-Christian Strache has pointed out many times over the past months that he and his party wanted to disassociate themselves from the disputed online forum.

Strache was pressed to speak out on the issue after participators of discussions on the website praised his party for its current policies. The FPÖ sparked outcry among most political competitors for campaigning against members of the Islamic community in Austria who are unwilling to integrate into society. Strache warned of the creation of "parallel societies" in several speeches on the campaign trail in recent years. Surveys show that the right-wing party could come first were Austrians asked to the polls in general elections this month.

Organisers of "Alpe-Donau" and people engaging in discussions in the website’s forum face several years in jail if prosecutors press charges under Austrian anti-Nazi propaganda regulations.

Austrian Independant

Padiham set for UK’s first BNP mayor (UK)

A member of the British National Pary is set to become Padiham’s mayor and probably his party’s first civic leader in England.

And community leaders have hit out at the appointment of John Cave as deputy mayor of Padiham Town Council for the next 12 months.

The role means Coun Cave, who is married to BNP county councillor Sharon Wilkinson, will take over the mayoral chains from Coun Bob Clark in a year.

Coun Cave said he believed the town council was non-political and that he was entitled, and proud, to serve the town of his birth.

But politicians and campaigners questioned the appointment, and the Bishop of Burnley said a BNP member could not serve the whole community without ‘rejecting his party’s philosophy.’ Coun Shah Hussain, who represents Daneshouse and Stoneyholme on Burnley Council, said: “I have concerns with what the BNP stands for and its policies. It is a party that is divisive to the community.”

Bishop of Burnley John Goddard said: “I always see the role of the mayor and deputy mayor as the chief citizen of the community, and they have a responsibility to uphold and defend the rights of all British citizens of the town, regardless of race, colour or status.

“Given that I look forward to the deputy mayor showing that the BNP are wrong in their racist policies.

“It will be interesting to see if he acts in the best traditions of a mayor in the community, and I pray he does, as he will have to reject the philosophy of the BNP.

“If he retains the BNP political philosophy then how can he expect to serve and represent the whole of the community?”

The appointment of Coun Cave was confirmed at a recent town council meeting, when the majority of councillors voted in favour of him taking over the role of deputy mayor.

A spokesman for the Hope not Hate campaign, which celebrates ‘modern Britain’ and claims to expose the BNP, said: “We are disappointed that anybody holding the views of the BNP can secure a position of this kind.

“The role of mayor in any community is to act as the figurehead of the community and we don’t see how that role can be carried out by anybody who represents a party whose sole aim is to divide communities.”

Coun Cave had previously said some town councillors were trying to find a way around him being appointed to the role.

He said: “I am pleased that it is has all been sorted out and has cleared up a few misunderstandings.

“It is a very proud moment for me. I was born in Padiham and have always been closely associated with Padiham.

“It is a non-political council and my politics have not encroached on what happens in Padiham. It has been easier than I expected to remain non-political in the past 12 months.”

Peter Pike, former Labour MP in Burnley, said: “I think it is unfortunate that we have councillors who represent the BNP and now I think it is unfortunate that we have a deputy mayor in Padiham who represents the BNP.

“But if they are elected on to a council then there is always a chance they could hold a mayoral title.”

It is not the first time this year that the role of mayor in Padiham has attracted controversy.

In January mayoress Carol Stinton appeared on Channel 4 reality show Come Dine With Me and attracted criticism for her over-exuberance.

Burnley Citizen

Arizona immigration law loses in court (USA)

The controversial Arizona law targeting immigrants for police scrutiny has been blocked again in an appeals court ruling.

The fate of Arizona's controversial Arizona law targeting illegal immigrants remains in limbo, after the state's latest attempt to lift a injunction blocking the law failed.

The Ninth US circuit court of appeal ruled [pdf] that the federal government was likely to win its case that the law is unconstitutional, and so turned down an appeal by Arizona's Republican governor Jan Brewer to lift the injunction imposed last year.

The battle now is likely to go all the way to the US Supreme Court.

The law, known as SB 1070, became a national controversy after Brewer and Arizona Republicans accused the US government of not doing enough to stem illegal immigration and enacted their own, more stringent regulations, which drew bitter complaints from civil rights organisations and immigrant groups.

The new law would require state police to check the immigration status of all arrested suspects and hold indefinitely anyone else they have "reasonable suspicion" of entering the country illegally. It also punishes non-citizens for failing to apply for or carry "alien registration papers", or for seeking jobs.

The law also allows for "warrentless arrest" if the police have probable cause to believe they have committed a public offense that makes them removable from the United States – such as entering the country illegally.

Critics say it gives Arizona authorities the power to harass Hispanic residents, legal or otherwise, while the federal government objected on the grounds that the law encroached on its powers over immigration enforcement.

In July last year a US district court judge issued an injunction against the most controversial parts of the law, and today's appeals court ruling only applies to the injunction, not to the challenge to the law itself.

At the time of the injunction Brewer said: "I will battle all the way to the Supreme Court, if necessary, for the right to protect the citizens of Arizona."

The Guardian

Support for anti-Islam party falls (Netherlands)

The right-wing VVD Liberals remain the biggest party in the latest Maurice de Hond opinion poll and would take 36 seats if there was a general election tomorrow, five more than they currently hold.

Labour remains in second place with 25, down five, and the anti-Islam PVV loses a further two and is on 22. At its height, just after the last election, the PVV was on 30 seats in a string of De Hond opinion polls.

Dutch News

BNP 'Quran man' to stand in elections (UK)

A BNP member accused of burning a copy of the Quran will still stand in the Welsh Assembly elections, his party has confirmed.

Sion Owens, 41, of Bonymaen, Swansea, had a charge against him dropped today - but was told by magistrates legal proceedings may resume after further investigations.

Owens was arrested last weekend after The Observer newspaper reportedly handed police a video, which appeared to show Mr Owens dousing a copy of the Quran with paraffin before setting it alight.

The alleged incident drew widespread condemnation from political and ethnic groups in Wales - who are urging voters to shun the far-right BNP in the May 5 poll.

Owens is third on the list out of four candidates the BNP is putting up for the South Wales West regional seat.

Plaid Cymru described the alleged incident as appalling but “hardly surprising”.

A party spokeswoman said: “Our advice to the electorate of Wales is to ignore their call for race hate as we have always done, ensure they lose their election deposits and above all quickly recycle their leaflets - as that is all they are good for.”

The BNP issued a 2,000 plus word statement on its website in response to Owens’ court appearance, complaining of “hypocrisy” by the authorities.

A party spokesman said Owens would continue to stand as a candidate in the Welsh Assembly elections.

BNP leader Nick Griffin added: “The British National Party does not favour burning any book, although if there is any repeat of last year’s Poppy burning insult and subsequent lack of police action, we may well review that position.”

He also said the BNP favoured freedom of speech - saying there needed to be a “resistance to the intimidation” encouraged by Muslim extremists.

However, Swansea Bay Racial Equality Council countered the claims, saying the BNP had abused that democratic right.

Chief executive Taha Idris said: “While people have freedom of speech and freedom of action in the UK, it is a privilege that should never be abused.”

Asian Image